|Some of this week's new inventory|
Last weekend I sat down and wrote out a list of the items I'd like to have available at the Uptown Stroll art festival. Then I divided the list into three week's worth of to-do lists.
This past week's list included:
- 2 captured cabochon necklaces
- 10 pairs freeform peyote earrings
- 2 captured cabochon brooches
- 12 pairs simple earrings (wire, stone & beads)
- And start work on a new batch of concrete pendants
|Work very much in progress|
I have to wonder, what was I smoking? By Monday afternoon, I knew I was in trouble. Heck, in truth I knew I was in trouble Monday morning. I'm quick at what I do, but that's entirely relative. Freeform peyote is not a fast stitch. It's beautiful. It's intricate, it's fun and challenge; it is not fast. Besides, I can only do so much stitching before my wrist and arm start to burn.
- My final new inventory for the week:
- 7 pairs of freeform earrings
- 2 bead rings
- Started on a captured cabochon necklace
- Poured a small batch of resin cabs
- One little fishy
So far, my booth is looking pretty darned sparse! But, I have some ideas. I think I may supplement my booth with dyed papers.
And I am FINALLY finishing up the pattern for my little fishes. With lots of variations. I plan to have it available as an ebook/epattern and kit by August 27th. But I may also have it printed through Createspace.com for those who want hard copies. Printing through Createspace is less expensive than color photocopies at Kinkos if you're printing more than about 6 pages, and the final results are far nicer. And I could even make a kindle version! I wonder how that would work? I may find out very shortly.
Post a Comment