How to choose? That became the question of the week. Followed immediately by what to add? There were no samples of seed beading on the chain, so I felt honor bound to uphold our collective Seedbeaders' honor and add some beaded beads. But I didn't want to overwhelm the chain, either. I tried to figure out how to turn my flowers into beads that non-seedbeaders could easily use (the key here being easily) and my brain just wasn't functioning sufficiently this week, so no go there.
What did I decide upon?
Here's what I ended up taking:
|Taken from the Art Bead chain|
|Just added to my stash!|
I spent a fair bit of time looking through posts from the previous chain holders to track down the origins of these different beads, and updated all of the links below so that they lead directly to the Art Bead Tour posts on each blog so you can more easily track its progression.
And here's what I added:
I included my most recent my Corset bead, playing with fall color schemes, and several smaller beaded beads. The small orange beaded bead at right is supposed to be a pumpkin. What do you think? Up top are two of my very own lampworked disks and top right is a paper clay bead I made with a copper tube rivet for the bead hole. And left and right there are two lampworked beads by JulsBeads to round things out.
|two beads by JulsBeads|
Soon, it may be your turn for a visit, because it's time to find the next stop on the tour. I will be doing a drawing this coming Friday, September 21st. So leave a comment here and spread the word on FB, your blog, twitter and friends.
The Art Bead Love Tour is an ongoing project to spread the love of handmade to new and exciting places. It's a way to reach people who may have never stumbled upon your blog on their own, and give them a chance to share the love of handmade. A chain was chosen to link beads as a symbol of how this project links us all together ~ in our unity to stand behind handmade.
The winner of the chain will be allowed to take up to 30 beads from this chain. They will then replace each bead they took with another handmade bead, charm or pendant of equal Quality.
(SO Remember-----You're NOT winning the ENTIRE CHAIN---Just a chance to take some beads from it.)
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
It is so important that the quality of the beads be maintained, so we can keep the Art Bead Love Tour alive. We want to share consistent quality with the next winner. If you make your own handmade beads or components, it's a great way to get your beads into the world for people to try them out, or, if you hoard collect art beads it's a great way to share your collection and get some new additions as well.
(Art Beads should be handmade by an artist, and not mass produced, such as Hill Tribe Silver beads or others like them.)
Remember, the focus is on creating handmade with handmade and beads/components taken should be replaced with beads/components that are made by an indivdual artist not an organization.
Here's where the chain has been:
Suburban Girl Studio
Baublicious by Karen Williams
Baublicious by Karen Williams
Your name here
Here's how it works:
1. The winner of the chain will be allowed to take up to 30 beads from this chain. They will then replace each bead they took with another handmade bead, charm or pendant of equal quality.
2. The winner will post pictures of what was taken and what was added, in order to keep an account of the chain's progress and to keep our followers drooling. Please be sure to give credit to the bead artists as well (if you know them).
3. The winner will then have a giveaway, just like this one,to keep passing the chain on and on. Rules can be copied and pasted from here.
4. When you repost your giveaway (remember you can copy and paste from here)-a list should be added to show where the chain has gone, with links to each previous blog.Ultimately, this will end up a very long list!
5. Chain must be shipped to its new home via Priority Small Flat Rate box with delivery confirmation. Please package it carefully.
6. There will be a button on the Love My Art Jewelry website that links to the current blog and giveaway-so if you have the chain, it will link to your blog, that way our followers can have another chance to win it.
7. You MUST exchange your beads and have your giveaway completed within two weeks of receiving the chain.
(Please, please, please, if you can not adhere to the above rules, do not enter the giveaway at this time. It will go on and on and you can always enter at a later date.) There will be a button on the side bar of our blog so that you can track where the chain currently is.
Here's How to Enter:
1. You must have an active blog to enter.
2. Leave a comment below (make sure your email is linked to your blog or leave it in the comment. Entries without emails will not qualify)
3. Share on Facebook, Twitter or your blog for extra chances to win. Leave a comment for each way you share, with a link if possible.
4. Winner will pay shipping and will be billed through Paypal-small priority flat rate box with delivery confirmation, $6.00.
5. Open only to our readers in the United States-due to problems with tracking and shipping overseas (sorry).
I will draw a winner on Friday, September 21st.
So happy to see your post today! Please include me in the tour. I will post this on FB also.ReplyDelete
JUst posted on SRAJD on FB:ReplyDelete
And also on my own FB page:ReplyDelete
I am sooooo tempted but I think I need to pass. I would be overwhelmed with both sides of the choosing- what to take and what to give.ReplyDelete
Have fun to the next winner.
Thank you for your comment for the BSBP. Please visit me http://savonfeutre.blogspot.fr/2012/09/thanks-for-your-comments.htmlReplyDelete
Ok, I've watched this beauty make it's way around the world, and have always said to myself, nope, not for me, I could never contribute something to it. You and recent events have changed my mind, so I am tossing my name in the pot! Thank you for all your wonderful inspiration, my friend!ReplyDelete
Shirley - you definitely have wonderful things to contribute!Delete
Though I have to credit Pam with reminding me to consider adding beaded beads myself. Thanks Pam! :)
shared on fbReplyDelete
I love your pumpkin ARt bead! Wasn't this fun?ReplyDelete
Shared on my blog: http://lamplightcrafts.blogspot.com/ReplyDelete
Shared on FB: https://www.facebook.com/renetha.stanzianoReplyDelete
Shared on Twitter @MomLovesJazzReplyDelete
I would love to have a chance to fondle that chain!! lol! My email is email@example.com.... off to post to FB!ReplyDelete
Posted on my personal FB page!! :)ReplyDelete
I would LOVE to get a chance at that chain:)ReplyDelete
I would love to play.ReplyDelete
Just posted to FBReplyDelete
would love to win...I may not make handmade beads but I can create designs of beads and have other handmade beads in my stash!ReplyDelete
POSTED ON FACEBOOKReplyDelete
shared on my blog.http://designsbysusan-dbs.blogspot.com/ReplyDelete
shared on google +ReplyDelete
I thought I had lost the chain! Glad to find it again and throw my hat in the ring one more time :)ReplyDelete
Oh, please count me in! My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.ReplyDelete
I just blogged about the giveaway! Maybe you'll get some new readers. Maybe I'll get another chance to win?ReplyDelete
My blog post:
Hi there colleagues, its wonderful paragraph on the topic of tutoringand completely explained,ReplyDelete
keep it up all the time.휴게텔
I really love your post and what you share with us is updated and quite informative, I would like to bookmark the page so that I can come here again for you to read, because you have done an amazing job.. visa application to Turkey filled online , Applying for e visa application saves time and is very fast, secure and very simple.ReplyDelete
Nice post. Thank you for this work. The travelers need to apply kenya e-visa through online visa application. Check the details and read the guidelines before you fill up the application form.ReplyDelete
Hey, I appreciate you sharing this, and please continue to do so. Vietnam reopened international tourism on March 15 after almost two years. A conference was held on the same day to ensure a safe and effective reopening. Vietnam is open to international tourists. And you know about Vietnam visa fees? Cost of Vietnam visas, you can check our Vietnam page for all details about visa fee.ReplyDelete