Going into the class, here's the one I'd originally planned:
|Robin's Nest ring with three crystal 'eggs'|
I wanted my own "Robin's Nest" ring, complete with crystal 'eggs'. One of my students asked about incorporating bugles into a freeform peyote ring. This was the perfect chance to use some 6mm bugles both in the base and while building the nest.
|you can almost see the bugles I used in the band from this view|
|Just starting to work on the 'nest'|
Helping my students in class, I decided I also needed a sample where I added my focal bead in the first row/ring. So I ran out into the store and purchased a 10mm round druzy that worked with the bead colors I had with me. I'm really, really bad about taking process photos while I'm teaching, since my focus is on my students, not my work. So I don't have a single process photo for this ring.
|Dogwood Blossom pinky ring|
The funny thing is this ring's band is one of my smallest - sized to fit my pinky - while the dogwood blossom makes it one of my largest rings.
|Both rings side-by-side for comparison|
I also found myself thinking that both rings would be right at home in the Hundred Acre Wood.