The paisley designs in Kristi's focal inspired me to try making my own paisleys. I started with my basic snowflakes & stars, then working the paisley shape around them.
I currently plan to have five paisleys in my final design. So far I've managed to stitch up four.
Also played with a lot of ideas about how to work the copper focal into the piece. I wanted to use it as the closure, but its hole is just a little too small to fit a toggle through.
I've started working on the background; planning to fill it in with random right angle weave with my dark blue bead mix. going to sprinkle some stars through the background. And the focal will sit on top like a full, round moon.
That's the theory anyways.
So, another work in progress - guess that gives me another blog post a little later. The good and the bad. Hopefully the process is interesting!
And in the meantime, check out all of finished pieces by the other participants in Kristi's hop:
|Paisley laid out onto my design mockup - lots of stitching to go!|