|Concrete pancake just removed from the tray|
Are you sick of concrete yet? Hope not: it's what I worked on today and hence my focus for this post.
I pulled a tray's worth of concrete pancakes off of their blue tape today and the immediate results were far from stunning.
Take this blue baby: the concrete had crept well past my design lines and underneath most of my beads.
A little work with with sandpaper - 60 grit to remove the excess concrete and 150 grit to knock back the scratches - it's starting to look a little more presentable, but still nothing to write home about.
|Just add water (though resin is more permanent)|
To test how it would look if I added resin (and to remove any left over concrete dust) I ran it under the tap. The colors and beads immediately jumped out - this gives me a good idea what it would look like with resin.
Oh wow, I LOVE the concrete!!ReplyDelete
Thanks! I am finding that concrete is an extremely diverse media - the more I play with it the more ideas I have. I keep telling myself it's time to move on to other things, then finding myself mixing "just one more batch" to try out my latest set of ideas.ReplyDelete
Seeing what other people have done at the open studios has made me want to explore more, too!